Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back in the Saddle and Ready for the Ride

It seems that I start every post with, "I haven't posted anything in a long time."

Actually, it is really silly since I only have about 5 post or so.

so, let's catch up really quickly. I got married and my wife and I are have a little one. There you go.

I am going to be home a little more once this little guy/girl (We don't know which) makes their presence known in the outside world. My plan is to document my transition from wannabee daddy to DADDY.

My initial thoughts:
Very Little Sleep - Bring it on!
Poopy Diapers - Everybody poops.
Crying, Crying, Crying - My cat moans in the middle of the night.

I can't say that I know exactly how things are going to be. Actually, I am glad I don't know exactly. I have bar-tended for about 9 years. I have worked at a camp for 12 years. I have directed a camp for 5 years. I know about bar-tending and camp. I also know that at a bar and at camp thing always change. Well, my excitement over having a new challenge in my life is huge. I am looking forward to every yawn, smell, and cry. Why? We have wanted this for a very long time. We are just about there. I am going to live it up. I love my wife very very much. She is doing something amazing right now. That amazing feat will enrich my life even more.

It will be an experience.

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Doug
    I am a total stranger to you but one day a while ago I came across a posting of your's and liked it so today when you show up again on my Google Reader, it makes me happy that you may be writing again, your time willing.
    Best of Luck with this new chapter in your lives!!
    A fan named Margaret (from Boston)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO here we are, waiting waiting
    and you, you are out making beautiful things, a changing table that can become a desk, wood and power tools and a vision... something tangible, something routable...
    each night before we sleep we talk about how we are feeling, patient/impatient, ready/not ready, and we both feel the time passing...each day is one day closer (which it has been all along) but now, one day is one out of 14, then one out of 13... now our due date is a week away, and time rushes by in some ways, stays perfectly still in others. We don't know when, we only know that SOON this little one will press forward out into the world and everything will be different forever. Let's remember to hold one to each other so we don't get lost in the transition. Remind me when I need reminding.
    I love you so, Kate+

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate is lucky to have you, and vice versa. I'm enjoying the countdown on her blog.

    :)

    ReplyDelete