Monday, February 16, 2009

The Break I Needed

I had the opportunity to go away this weekend with my Sweetie. It was wonderful. I needed to focus on something else even for a little while. We went to Admirals Inn Resort in Ogunquit, ME. It was very nice and a welcome change of pace.

As I sit here and ponder the next steps in my life, I wonder what tomorrow is going to bring. In many ways, I am excited, with the little bit of rest I received, that I could take on anything. I hope that I am not setting myself up. It will be interesting.

I believe that my next big big step will be going back to school. In talking with my Sweetie, she asked me the question:

"What do you want to do?"

I did not feel that I gave a satisfying answer. I am 37 years old and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Is that weird? I never thought that I would be a Camp Director. I don't want to work in a classroom. Although, I do want to work with kids or train people to work with kids. So, returning to school would be the best thing for me right now. Maybe some manual labor type job to pass the time but school should help me define my next steps.

Things To Accomplish:
Start my application process, send out recommendations, and get my self in check. Once I have that going and hopefully accepted in the program, my summer will be relatively stress free. There is the health insurance piece but I will deal with that later.

Focus on making this summer special for myself, the staff, and the campers. It needs to be wonderful like ever other summer prior.

Support my Sweetie in our own personal next steps. I want to be a father and she wants to be a mother. Let's do it the best way we can.

My favorite quote is
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds." Bob Marley

Freeing your mind is the hardest thing to do. I try everyday with some steps forward and some backward. Tomorrow is another day, let's try a forward step.

Blog Note: I tend to type how I talk. There may be typos and other grammar mistakes but I think I will just let it go.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment