Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week of Confusion

This has been somewhat of a stressful week. Not necessarily I am going to pull my hair (I only have one on my head that is long enough to pull) out kind of stress. More like the "I need my brain to take a break" type of stress.

Stressors for Me
1. No job in August. What can I or should I do now? I got invited to a gathering of people by a friend of mine. She was my personal trainer a few years ago and is a friend. She invited me by saying that I was interested in health and nutrition so this may interest me. If you know me, I like health and nutrition as much as the next guy. Although, I believe that there is a lot of good stuff in chocolate chip cookies and large slices of cake. It feeds my soul. Don't even get me going on bacon.
It turned out to be about something called Ideal Health. Ideal Health produces custom made vitamins, energy drink stuff, and weight loss systems. Basically, by purchasing something from my friend I could try it out and tell my friends about it. In the process, I will make money from the purchase that my friends make. I will also make money for the purchase that my friends' friends make. So on and so on and so on. They talked to me about how you are not necessarily selling something but more along the lines of sharing a great find with your friends. In the end, you make a profit and your friends could make a profit. Sounds exciting, right? Maybe? I don't know.

2. Work Work Work. I feel like my boss either ignores me, doesn't trust me, and pays way too much attention to me. When he is ignoring me I can come and go as I please. Although, for some reason he always needs a question answered or something done when I am not around. I believe he trust me with running a program when it is happening. Prior to the program, I think he wants to do the main body of work. Here is the problem I have with this way of thinking. I don't learn anything. If he keeps doing stuff for me or letting me know after the fact that he is doing something or he has already made a decision about something but wants to pretend that I am a part of it, I WILL NEVER LEARN. You may say that maybe he doesn't know and I should tell him. I have. I think we see the future in different directions. My summer is crazy busy. He does not have much time to observe me in my job. A comment on my evaluation is that I am uncomfortable in front of large groups, like staff. I am in front of staff everyday especially during the summer and I happen to enjoy it.

3. Daddy Doug - I never knew that making a baby was this difficult. I have heard and tried to learns lots of new words and terms. Some just go over my head and other stick for about two days. There are a few that stay with me for longer bits of time. I am working on and have a better understanding of what's going on. The female anatomy is confusing.

4. Lastly, I am tired and need some rest.

As the late great Bob Marley sank in "Redemption Song."
"Emanicipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

I will free my mind and I know thinking about stuff won't necessarily cause stuff to change. Maybe I should try sleeping to quiet the voices in my head for a little while.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. There is just so much going on right now- much of it is harder than it should be, but hopefully harder than it will be in the future. I am hopeful that things will turn around, you'll find a job, summer will come, and everything else will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete